Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jump or Wade?

In going through my many emails early this morning, I came across one from a favorite craft sight that stopped me in my tracks.....it merely asked, when it came to new ideas, was I a jumper or a wader?  It took me completely by surprise, because I never knew one could wade into anything!  New tool, new craft?  I'm there, buying stuff before I even know what I really need to complete the project!

So, this "throw out 1,000 things" is even more difficult when it comes to any of my craft rooms....(you read that right, I have several craft rooms).  Each thing that I pick up has to not only be weighed and considered for it's original intended use, but looked at from a "will I need this for a new idea next week"!  And, really, how would I know?  I don't know what new book will be out about collage or jewelry making or sewing that will need exactly what is in my hand, trash today=treasure tomorrow!  But I still have this need to throw out 1,000 things!!!  What a dilema.

Finally, I stopped thinking about it, put off crafty clean up for another day and decided to inspect my pencil and pen container in my bedroom.  Bonanza!  6 mechanical pencils (given to Emily and Ethan), five pens sans ink (a no brainer), a couple of pins that I don't wear (obviously or they wouldn't be in the pencil/pen container)......the list goes on but the count for this morning's trash is 22!  Bringing my need-to-trash down to 912.....I can feel 800 something in my bones by the weekend!  Wish me luck!

1 comment: