Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lighten Up!

Doing something out of the ordinary last night gave me the impetus to continue my journey toward light....not the light at the end of the tunnel, but much closer to my goal of 1,000 things to get rid of!

I awoke energized and determined to throw out stuff....and where better to start than the books in my headboard/bookcase....I managed to let go of three this morning----and a magazine!  Wow, off to a good start, since I even managed to get away from the other forty or so books without being drawn into a "quick chapter" that could have lasted for hours of reading....focus, focus, focus.....

Brought the books and magazine down to the computer, stacked them on the rest of the literature that is going to the library donation box on Monday and then turned on the computer before I lost my nerve and let go of 8 Jamble ladder games (sort of like Scrabble) and my membership to this site is up in two weeks, so I am not going to join again....(does that count?)...

Ever onward, I make my way into the kitchen and after a quick yogurt and cereal breakfast, I tackle the closet over the toaster....I've been saving this one for a weekend, because I know there's lots to get rid of and I wanted to be sure to do a through job of it......103 things went into the trash!  Old mixes of spice dips, old teabags (is there still a Grand Union supermarket someplace?  I had tea bags from there and also from several Chinese restaurants that don't exist anymore!!)  After that major cleanup and one plastic trash bag later, I opened a drawer and found five more things I could live without.

I feel lighter already!  And guess what?  I went from 803 things left to get rid of all the way down to 682!  I blew right by 700 and didn't even realize it....Just wait til I get my second wind and turn out the utensil drawer!

2 comments: