Thursday, February 24, 2011

Making Room

In attempting to clear out the clutter, I find that I am making room .... little pockets of nothingness in a wild landscape of "stuff"!  The trick will be not to fill those small places with new things that will be the new clutter in the old places.

Today, in just fifteen minutes, I cleared out a closet and removed 42 things, then they went from the tabletop into the trash....42 things in fifteen minutes!  I can move mountains, I thought....then I looked at the empty shelf and felt I should be putting something there, you know, to take up the space....I forced myself to turn away, leave the room and breathe.  The empty shelf is still there, waiting.  I am going to ignore the call for today, like an itch almost....and try to confront the feeling of "empty" and see where that brings me.

In the meantime, counting helps.  Forty two less items brings me to only 870 more things to go....I am in the 800's, I am unstoppable!!!

Now to go unload the kiln and fill that back up with more pottery.....At least there, I can refill the empty space without guilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment