Sunday, March 6, 2011

Twilight Zone

Somewhere out there in the Twilight Zone is an alternate universe, and in that universe is every missing sock, earring, container lid or glove that each one of us has "lost"!  I used to think there was a black hole in my washing machine or dryer, because I swear I'd put in socks in pairs, but when it came time to fold and put away the laundry there was always at least one sock without a partner.  I know I buy containers in color coordinated equal pairs of bottoms and lids, I match them up, put them in the sink, dishwasher, cupboard or refrigerator and a week or two later I can't find a lid to fit whatever container I just filled with leftovers!  Does ET come in the middle of the night and take a lid or two?

So today's mission was to throw out all the odd pairs that never did seem to find their partners!  Out went containers without lids, lids that somehow lost their container, (6 pieces); earrings that I kept in a separate container just waiting for their other half that must be somewhere in the house (not!)....(9 oddball earrings)...one grey glove, now that winter is over, I've given up hope on the left one....A book on CD that was missing Disc 1....on and on....all used-to-be pairs now without partners.

And in the process of tossing those things I found 12 NJ Parkway tokens that I gave to a friend that actually goes on the Parkway, two care & use manuals for things I no longer have to use or care for, 12 McDonald Beanie Babies from 1998 when they were all the rage, old batteries that probably don't work but I don't know what that size was for anyhow, and an assortment of other such odds and ends....out, out, OUT!


So today's total of things gone is 96;  a mere 147 to go....another closet or drawer should do it.

But I think maybe I'll go for 2,000 things to toss.....this is much too fun to stop in another day or so!

1 comment:

  1. You were close with "zone"...

    Definition of hozone :.

    (hō'zōn')

    1. (n.) The place where one sock in every laundry load disappears to.

    ReplyDelete