Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Deal or No Deal?

Some of you reading this blog may already know that I have been looking for a new home for MudWorks. It seems as though I've outgrown the basement here at home, and everyone is tired of lugging finished work from the kiln room to the studio then up to the shipping area and ultimately out to the driveway for FedEx to pick up.

So with all that in mind, I've been in search of commercial space with living quarters included,  as close to my present home as possible.  I thought I had found the perfect spot, allowed myself to get excited and then the deal fell through.  Needless to say, I was crushed.  In my mind, I had already moved out.  I tried to resign myself to staying here in the Reeders studio/home, but felt constrained, cramped and crowded. The search continued.

Now I've found another place, a little further away, a lot larger for the studio and a great deal smaller for the living space.  The building is actually better for the business than the first situation, but I didn't allow myself to get emotionally attached to this "deal", and I remained aloof even up til today when my real estate agent called to get a certified check for a deposit.  There's still a building inspection to get through and a contract to sign....anything could happen.

In the meantime, I looked around at my modest studio here at home trying to eek out a bit more space in an already maxed out environment....Leigh Ann came up with a great idea for moving things around, but, of course it involved (you guessed it!) getting rid of some more stuff!  Out went two paintings, another recipe book, a broken crock from my pottery teacher :(  , an old teapot, two bookcovers, some purple ribbon, two fish plates, a blown glass kiss, 7 ceramic frogs, six audio cassettes, an ornament, a curtain rod, a stack of recipes and an old wood ladder!  Twenty eight more things out the door!  I even managed to give the cookbook away right then and there!  Now the shelving is up, the boxes are organized (thanks to Leigh Ann, the organization Queen!), the junk is out, the studio is less cluttered...

So either way...deal or no deal...MudWorks is moving forward!  I'll keep you posted if there's a new address in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment