Friday, March 4, 2011

To Bead or Not To Bead?

And today, that was the question!  Am I ever going to get back to doing the tiny seed bead projects that I had intended, or am I just kidding myself, cluttering up my jewelry room with things I know I can't or won't get to----ever!

So with my good friend Ursula -- who, by the way, actually USES seed beads in her jewelry making -- we went through the drawer of delicas, number 10's, 11's and 15's....the array of colors was a tiny rainbow on my table...Okay, so "tiny" is pushing it a bit!  We came up with 49 vials of beads that Ursula can actually use, and a roll of solder that I had forgotten about!  I think that was from stained glass days, way, way, way back in time.  And so I am 50 items lighter and closer to the goal of 1,000 (not to mention $73 richer) and Ursual got a bargain, too, and some much needed beads.  One woman's trash, and another woman's treasure!

As an added bonus, another friend came and exchanged $100 for some of those rubber stamps and inks that Leigh Ann and I needed to be rid of.  It does feel good to get things to their proper owners, sort of like a craft adoption center!  If anyone else out there needs rubber stamps, inks, beads or things of that nature, check in with me first!  You never know!

The final count?  Now only 243!

No comments:

Post a Comment