Tuesday, March 15, 2011

You Want Salt With That?

After taking a brief hiatus from tossing things so that I could go throw some things (namely, shamrock mugs) I am back on track.  And serious!  I have been looking for a new home for MudWorks Pottery and came across a building in Effort, PA that has some possibilities, lots of room for expansion, and a hefty monthly nut to crack if it goes through.  It comes with a smallish apartment, so I may be putting my big old house up on the market and every time I think about downsizing, packing and starting again I get a nervous tickle in the pit of my stomach.  I look around at all the stuff I have and with each glance find myself asking "Can you live without that?" or "Where are you going to put it!"

Tonight I decided I'd move the bakers rack from the kitchen to the dining room so that Leigh Ann could bring up some shelving to the kitchen.  On the baker's rack are fourteen pairs of salt and pepper shakers!  Now these are not your average salt and pepper shakers....these are collectables.  None of them have ever held a grain of salt or pepper and I have faithfully packed and taken them with me from house to apartment to house....And, worse, I don't even like pepper!  And rarely salt my food after it is cooked.....so why so many?  Well, for one, they are cute.  Some are old, a few of the newer ones go back to when I collected black and white cows, some were gifts....but folks, their time has come.  I am giving myself ONE salt and pepper shaker set to keep and the rest are out of here....I am sure I will always remember the people that bought me some of these collectables without having to keep them forever, sitting empty on a shelf.  I may put them on eBay....maybe there's someone out there that just has to have more shaker sets!  If you know anyone that needs a S & P set, you know where to find them....but hurry, they are going fast!

And while I was at it, I figured I'd get rid of three more paperbacks (donated to library), three ocarinas from Mexico, and five pottery magazines (passed on to students).  


24 down, 123 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment