Thursday, March 3, 2011

Time to Get Serious

I have been slacking in the "shedding" department over the past couple of days, knowing that alot of the superficial stuff was cleared out and now I had to get to some of the harder things to let go.....I made a mental list of my crafts and hobbies and rubber stamping came out at the bottom, so I started with the rubber stamp drawers. Yes, folks, that's plural....drawers!  Three in one room, a box in the other and many more down in the pottery studio.  And I never really made cards or did journaling.

I decided that the three drawers in the jewelry making room would be the first ones to go through.  I started with sweaty palms and trepidation, thinking I would not be able to let any of them go, but after the first twenty it became much easier....I ultimately got rid of 115, keeping a mere twenty for journal covers.

Feeling slightly in control of the situation, I ventured into a couple of other nooks and crannies, and today's total is 139....left to go:  293.  Quilting books, magazines, supplies and kits may be next, and then there's always the box full of embroidery hoops, a box or two of fabric paints....I'm exhausted just thinking about it, but saved those for another day.  And if any of you readers need something, please just ask....I'm sure I have it---in triplicate!

(Leigh Ann thinks I may have to go for 2,000 things, but I am keeping my sights on the first thousand.  One goal at a time!)

2 comments:

  1. You go woman!!! It's hard letting go of those juicy collections. I will be happy to take a few of those embroidery hoops off of your hands for a sweet little craft project I have in mind. I promise to get rid of the same amount of things that I take in from your purge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will go through the embroidery hoops this weekend and give the ones I don't need anymore to you on Monday, providing you let me in on the project!

    ReplyDelete